Antonio García (on the right side) is the soul of the original Spanish handcrafted Cajon manufacturing KATHO PERCUSSION located in Granada, in the heart of Andalucia, Spain, and has been producing high quality percussion instruments for about 15 years. With distinctive unique separate sounds, full bass and snare snap response, combined with an ergonomic and stable design, his cajons guarantee a wide sound spectrum, for ultimate performance, at a very competitive price. Katho Percusión Cajons are highly valuated by Spanish and international musicians. These versatile instruments are appreciated by performers of different music styles such as Flamenco, Rumba, Folk, Jazz, Chillout, Fusion, Reggae, Rock, Blues, Country and many other genre’s. The amazing quality, is a result of traditional and handcrafted knowhow from the Spanish manufacturer, who always is inspired by professional percusionists, for example the endorser, Juan Heredia Cortés.
The “KATHO” stands out like the
original Flamenco cajon.
– Body structure made from selected quality wood.
– Natural water based varnishes.
– Edges and corners are ergonomically rounded for best performance and comodity.
– Traditional Granadian wood inlays (Taracea) on the higher range models, present exceptional Spanish artwork.
– All cajons are equipped with an easily tunable snare system with 2 to 8 strings (depending on the model). Tunig by allen key (included).
– High stability is guaranteed by a sophisticated mounting system: the backplates, for instance, are not only bolted on the body, but incorporated into the frame structure.
The product range includes models for kids, beginners, amateur musicians, students and professional performers. Also available accesories, Katho display for 4 cajons, bags and small percussion instruments like the BONGUITHOS, KATHO KONGA (new instrument), SHAKER and other.
New for 2015:
This year we created the new COMFORT SERIES. Cajons with new designs, softer shape, best sound, more… comfort!
We exposed them (and all the other as well) on the International Music Fair “Musikmesse” in Frankfurt, Germany. Booth at hall 3.0 A87
If you wasn’t there you will see them here.